[SOLVED] amd64-microcode firmware

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
otrebor76

Re: [SOLVED]amd64microcode firmware

Post by otrebor76 »

Hi, in my case it's a no no. I'm on a athlon x6 @ 2,8Ghz; 8gb Ram ddr2@800Mhz; Nvidea Gforce GT 730; mint sylvia
i was working on my pc without troubles, played counter strike source without any issues, when i updated the controllers and installed the amd microcode, i started having massive frame drops while in game, never noticed any troubles in browsing or office programs, just ingame. unninstalled microcode et voilá everithing ok, moral of this story: if it works fine do not change it.
don't know if someone else had this issue, but i'm having freezes on another pc with much less power (core2 duo E4500 with 2gb Ram) and am going to uninstall it too...
fruitkiller

Post by fruitkiller »

posted in the wrong place,I'd delete this if I could.
Last edited by fruitkiller on Fri May 04, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Posting your own questions on someone else's solved thread is not a great way to get noticed. It's also against the forum guidelines. I strongly suggest that you start a thread of your own.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
fruitkiller

Post by fruitkiller »

I usually say a mod can move this if they think it's inappropriate. I'll just delete it and repost it later. Sorry about that, I know the rules too, forgot how Solved threads are implied as being locked.

Return to “Hardware Support”