Mouse not working correctly after update

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lonestar144
Level 1
Level 1

Mouse not working correctly after update

Post by lonestar144 »

A few days ago, I had done an update along with a kernel update. Upon a reboot, seemed like my desktop had locked up after a few minutes. Logged out/in and it was ok at first, then started the same thing. I then dropped to tty1 and then back to X and everything worked fine from then on till i rebooted. Anyways, finally tracked it down to my mouse. Mouse would move, but none of the buttons worked. So I dug around and found that the xorg.conf got renamed. After renaming it and a reboot, issues were fixed. So if anyone else ever comes across the same situation, check /etc/X11/xorg.conf and see if it has been renamed.

Now I know that not all systems will have a xorg.conf and sometimes must be manually created for some hardware, this was my case. I had bought a R.A.T3 mouse and had issues with mint xfce, so I had to create the xorg.conf to get it to work right.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”