Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nakah

Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound

Post by nakah »

Hello guys,

I`am new on Linux Mint world. All my app and hw driver working great, but I have big issue to enable 7.1 surround sound on my headphone. Can you please guide me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound

Post by catweazel »

Hi, and welcome. There is no good news for you, I'm afraid.

The G35 is a virtual 7.1 surround sound headset. That means it has two speakers and, under the Windwoes operating system, the signals going to the headset are modified by the Windwoes driver to give them the appearance of surround sound. Linux is correctly identifying your headset as stereo only. This is because it has only two speakers, one on the left and one on the right. You won't get virtual surround sound out of that headset on Linux unless the manufacturer has released a Linux driver.

The only thing I can suggest is to look for a USB dongle on flea-bay that provides virtual surround sound. You would plug it into your machine then plug your headphones into it. As the virtual sound will be generated by the hardware on the USB device, it won't matter that the input is stereo.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
nakah

Re: Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound

Post by nakah »

Thanks catweazel for your help. I will not go back to Windows because 7.1 not working :)

Last help to my Logitech G105 keyboard. Is there any solution to define G1-G6 buttons?

Return to “Hardware Support”