Need help with apache2 and mount HDD drive

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alexandr-lamdan

Need help with apache2 and mount HDD drive

Post by alexandr-lamdan »

First problem:
I install the Linux Mint KDE 18.2 on my SSD its a system drive and named /dev/sda.
And i have my second drive,but not mount automaticly is the HDD with 4 TB. In that second drive i have developer projects,music, and the another stuff.
So how can i mount my second drive who named with /dev/sdb1 to /media/alexandr_lamdan/F(its will be a Label of my second drive) with all permissions and read,write and changing,but i need to make it that automatic mount.

Second problem:
I install the apache2 and all stuff with that. But when i try to opened php file or html file in apache, its giving me a Forbbiden error or the access denied error. I try to change directory root, i try to make it in another folder, and its not work. example: directoryRoot /media/alexandr_lamdan/F/alexandr_php_mysql THAT NOT WORKING .Its giving me a error to access denied all the time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Need help with apache2 and mount HDD drive

Post by kukamuumuka »

1) Add mountpoint to the /etc/fstab file. An example:

Code: Select all

sudo mkdir /mnt/HDD
.... and to the /etc/fstab line
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/HDD ext4 ... or whatever defaults 0 0

2) Via terminal

Code: Select all

sudo usermod -a -G www-data your_username_here
sudo chgrp -R www-data /var/www/html