Issue with drive. Can only acess in a GTK 3 type inerface not GTK 2 ($RECYCLE.BIN': Input/output error) [Solved]

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Issue with drive. Can only acess in a GTK 3 type inerface not GTK 2 ($RECYCLE.BIN': Input/output error)

Post by catweazel »

$RECYCLE.BIN is a the Windwoes recycle bin. If you have Windwoes installed, start it up and try to delete something from that drive within Windwoes. Deleting a file from within Windwoes should recreate that directory for you.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Issue with drive. Can only acess in a GTK 3 type inerface not GTK 2 ($RECYCLE.BIN': Input/output error)

Post by catweazel »

linlinxz wrote:Well, I don't have Windows installed on my system. But I used a virtual machine that has Windows and added the physical drive to it. Then I deleted something unimportant on that drive and the folder $RECYCLE.BIN was recreated. That fixed it instead. Wish I did this before.
Thanks for your help.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Hardware Support”