Acer Full HD 1080

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Acer Full HD 1080

Post by WesternSlope »

I have an Acer Aspire E5-575 Full HD 1080.Everything is, so small it's hard to see. With Windows 10 I can increase everything in the settings panel all at once. Is there anything I can use with Mint 18.2 to increase everything?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Acer Full HD 1080

Post by Mick-Cork »

You haven't stated which version of Mint you're using so not sure if relevant. I use 18.2 Cinnamon on a 1080p 14" screen and have changed the 'Text scaling factor' to 1.2 which works for my eyesight: Menu/Preferences/Fonts.

I've also added the 'Zoom Page WE' Extension to Firefox to allow on the fly resizing on web pages.

I used to have the resolution set back down to 1600/900 which also worked well, but it just seemed a shame not using the full screen resolution. Anyway, hope helpful.
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

I'm using 18.2 Cinnamon on a 1080p 15" screen. Set the Text scaling factor' to 1.2 which works great for me too. Thanks... For the browser. I use Chrome and have all pages set to 125% and also works great. I've never had to use all of these extra settings due to I've never had this high of a resolution screen and didn't know they existed.
Thanks again for your help.
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

Those two changes are good for most things, but you might still run into some apps that don't comply with the scaling setting, eg: Blender (3D modelling software). Then it's a case of checking the app options, Googling, and playing around to see if you can improve it. So not perfect, but... you get the idea :)
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Another thing with Mint 18.2... The desktop icons. You can't move, or resize them. Any trick to that?
Thanks

Return to “Hardware Support”