configuring tascam us-122 AND butt

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
captainvideo_007
Level 1
Level 1

configuring tascam us-122 AND butt

Post by captainvideo_007 »

All,
I'm kind of a nube in configuring hardware. I volunteer at a not for profit radio station in the Washington DC area, usually doing network and infrastructure type work. There was a need for a laptop to use for remote program streaming, so I set up a Dell Latitude D610 ( 2GB ram, 326GB hdd and Pentium M CPU) with mint 17.3 xfce. Tried to get butt ( Broadcast Using This Tool) to run under Linux but got tired of beating my head against the wall so I used WINE to install the Windows version, then checked many forums and got our Tascam US122 USB audio interface to load and got the "USB" led to light. I cannot however get this hardware to pass audio from the tascam to butt. I'm pretty sure the Tascam has to be set up as the default audio device but as yet can't find how to do so. Any and all assistance is very welcome, as I started in computing in the DOS days, I'm relatvely comfortable in command line.

Thanking you all in advance,

Truly,
Bill
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Prsman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: configuring tascam us-122 AND butt

Post by Prsman »

In this case Google is your friend. There are instructions to get the Tascam working with linux. I tried and failed, but dont let that stop you.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: configuring tascam us-122 AND butt

Post by jimallyn »

Some people have got some versions of the US-122 to work. There's 122, 122L, and 122MKII, maybe more. They are NOT all the same. Figure out for sure what you have then Google for that model number and the word 'linux' or maybe 'Mint' or "Ubuntu'.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Hardware Support”