Epson ET-2750 will not print <SOLVED> bad driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hillman144+

Epson ET-2750 will not print <SOLVED> bad driver

Post by hillman144+ »

I just installed a Epson ET-2750 printer. Installed drivers (64 bit) from Epson web site. The printer is recognized and will scan and copy. But when I try to print the paper comes out blank, and I get an error message "cups-waiting-for-job-completed". It does the same wi-fi connected or USB connected. I am using Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64bit. I have reinstalled the printer and printer driver several times and get the same result. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Epson ET-2750 will not print

Post by ClixTrix »

I assume this page for drivers is correct for the driver you downloaded and installed.

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 2b22af57ce

This should be the correct one: epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2_1.0.9-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb

Looks like that driver is fairly new (10-23-2017).

I've had occasional problems with Epson where I had to power-down and restart the printer to reset the connection. Especially needed on Wifi. I believe that error message is an indication of timeout problem, i.e. printer not able to complete the task....like it's getting incomplete instructions or loading.

When I added my Epson WF2760 in Printers, I selected Appsocket/JetDirect for network connected. How did you add yours? My driver is escpr (no 2).

If you run the following command and post back the result, it will identify the driver currently installed:

Code: Select all

dpkg -l epson-inkjet-printer*
hillman144+

Post by hillman144+ »

This is what I got with the command.

dpkg -l epson-inkjet-printer*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii epson-inkjet-p 1.0.9-1lsb3. amd64 Epson Inkjet Printer Driver 2 (ES

Thanks. Hope you can tell me what I can do to make it work.
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

Driver looks correct. Were there any odd messages about dependency, etc. during install?

Again, how did you add it to Printers, e.g. Appsocket/JetDirect ?
hillman144+

Post by hillman144+ »

No odd or dependency message, printer is reconized and message says being configered. But when do test print I get error messages like - waiting -- or not connected - or nothing at all and nothing happens. I deleted printer and added several times. I tried it on WiFi sever times. The last several time in on USB cable.
The driver was installed by right clicking on downloaded file and clicked "open with GDebi Package installer".
I do not know anything about Appsocket/Jet Direct.
Thanks for helping.
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

Here's a screen shot of my Epson in the Administration - Printers utility after adding. Was trying to determine how it is added.
Screenshot1.png
hillman144+

Post by hillman144+ »

When I add printer I get 2 choises Epson Et-2750 (5834451303............................................ & Epson inkjet printer #1, I have tried both also some times i get a differant icon for the printer.
hillman144+

Post by hillman144+ »

When I add printer I get 2 choises Epson Et-2750 (5834451303............................................ & Epson inkjet printer #1, I have tried both also some times i get a differant icon for the printer.
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

That printer was just release to market in past few months, so it could be a driver bug. Have you checked to see if the Firmware has an update? Could be broken too. :|

Have you gotten it to print from any device, Windows PC, smartphone app???

With Epson, I generally have more problems with the Scanner than the Print Driver. Don't see much info posted here or elsewhere, as it is a new released printer. Might give Epson a call and see if they are aware of any problems.
hillman144+

Post by hillman144+ »

Sorry for the double post. Could not get a screen shot to post. Here is the info.

Decription: EPSON ET-2750 Series
Device URI: usb://EPSON/ET-2750%20Series?serial=583444513030353771&interface=1
Make and Model: Epson ET-2750 Series - epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 1.0.9-1lsb3.2 (Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)
Printer state: Idle - Rendering completed

I am not getting any error message of any kind now when I "Print Test Page" it says printing complete but get blank page.
hillman144+

Post by hillman144+ »

I had already updated firmware from the display on the front of the printer. I have only Mint to test it on.
Thanks very much for your help.
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

I can't think of any reason it shouldn't work, other than broken or bad driver. I don't think that driver is limited to that model. You've given me all the right reasons to take it back to the store and ask for replacement.

And, by-the-way, I did have a problem with my first Epson print head and had to exchange for exactly that reason on the one I posted. Got it at Best Buy, and they had NO PROBLEM in making the switch.
hillman144+

Re: Epson ET-2750 will not print <SOLVED> bad driver

Post by hillman144+ »

Thanks. I returned the printer.
uniqueusername

Post by uniqueusername »

So did returning the printer actually solve the problem?

I was having the same problem; I had one machine that was printing just fine, and another that was not. I couldn't figure out why. My other machine was using an ES/CPR version 1 driver, and the broken one was using ES/CPR 2, a "new and improved" version of ES/CPR with 100% ink savings (it runs the page through, but doesn't print anything on it).

It is not possible to link directly to the working driver, but you can get to it from here:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... FromResult

Search for ET-2650 or ET-2550.

Just make sure that you get the escpr (not escpr2) version, currently v. 1.6.18 (whereas escpr is 1.0.9)

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... SCMI=68680

My system (Ubuntu 16.04) will still call the printer as the ET-2750; just make sure you uninstall the ES/CPR2 driver first
aaronsuncamacho

Post by aaronsuncamacho »

uniqueusername wrote:So did returning the printer actually solve the problem?

I was having the same problem; I had one machine that was printing just fine, and another that was not. I couldn't figure out why. My other machine was using an ES/CPR version 1 driver, and the broken one was using ES/CPR 2, a "new and improved" version of ES/CPR with 100% ink savings (it runs the page through, but doesn't print anything on it).

It is not possible to link directly to the working driver, but you can get to it from here:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... FromResult

Search for ET-2650 or ET-2550.

Just make sure that you get the escpr (not escpr2) version, currently v. 1.6.18 (whereas escpr is 1.0.9)

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... SCMI=68680

My system (Ubuntu 16.04) will still call the printer as the ET-2750; just make sure you uninstall the ES/CPR2 driver first
My first post here after years of reading BECAUSE THIS SOLVED MY PROBLEM!

Thank you @uniqueusername

Aaron Sun Camacho

Return to “Hardware Support”