SD card reports 'corrupted' under Android, but Linux reads it fine

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jiawen
Level 2
Level 2

SD card reports 'corrupted' under Android, but Linux reads it fine

Post by jiawen »

The 64 GB SD card for my Android phone always reports as 'corrupted' when I do any significant file operations on it in Linux and then plug it back into my phone. The card mounts just fine under Linux, and I can read and write things to it there. I've been able to write to it from Linux before without my phone getting grumpy, but it seems that any time I delete files from it under Linux and then plug it back into the phone, the phone reports the card as corrupt.

I've tried fsck.exfat, and it seems to report nothing:

Code: Select all

me@thiscomputer ~ $ sudo exfatfsck -v /dev/sdd1
exfatfsck 1.0.1
Copyright (C) 2011-2013  Andrew Nayenko
How do I avoid these corruption problems? More importantly, how do I fix them? I've just backed up and then reformatted the card in the past, but that is really annoying and could potentially fail. Is there a way to actually fix the problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Minterator

Re: SD card reports 'corrupted' under Android, but Linux reads it fine

Post by Minterator »

My android devices cannot read exfat

You can format ext4 or for 64GB flash drives to FAT32 with 65K allocation units.
jiawen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jiawen »

The phone usually has no problem reading the card. It is only after I do file operations on the card, especially deleting files, that the phone reports the card as "corrupt".
jiawen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jiawen »

This problem has continued to the present. Does anyone have a solution?
gm10

Post by gm10 »

jiawen wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:31 am This problem has continued to the present. Does anyone have a solution?
This rather belongs in an Android support forum, doesn't it?
My suggestion would be to backup all data from it and then let Android fix it, which basically means it will format it.

By the way, my exfatfsck is version 1.2.8, I suppose they fixed a few things along the way, so your version might not detect a problem that your Android does (I take it your Android Linux is actually a newer version than your desktop Linux if it supports exFAT).

Return to “Hardware Support”