Mouse problem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JanKol

Mouse problem

Post by JanKol »

Since a while I have problems with using the mouse (Logitech M305). So I decided to reinstall Linux Mint (18.3, 64-bits on Medion Akoya E7227/MD98742-16 GB RAM). A few weeks all went as I expected but now it is junk again.

Example: I select one post in Thunderbird t delete it by pressing the (right) mouse-button the delete-button in the programm the selected post disappears. But, by releasing the mouse-button the next post disappears also. Selecting a spot in a text-document does not select the spot itself but the entire word or by releasing the button the entire sentence.

The mouse is ok. I used it on a Windows laptop to and it gave no problems.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mouse problem

Post by deepakdeshp »

The mouse settings are in setup-- mouse where you can tweak the mouse to your liking.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Dying mice can behave very unpredictable. How behaves the touchpad? Or if possible another mouse?
JanKol

Post by JanKol »

deepakdeshp wrote:The mouse settings are in setup-- mouse where you can tweak the mouse to your liking.
I tried all possible options but this doesn’t solve the problem.
Cosmo. wrote:Dying mice can behave very unpredictable. How behaves the touchpad? Or if possible another mouse?
I used several different mice; on a Windows 10 laptop these mice all function as usual.
Unfortunately the touchpad doesn't function at all because Medion gives no support...
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

And all those mice show the same problem in Mint?
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

While you've stated the Touchpad doesn't work, I'm curious if it is involved, i.e. still enabled.

From Menu - Preferences - Mouse and Touchpad, disable Touchpad and test.
JanKol

Post by JanKol »

Indeed what ever mouse I use, the problem with Mint is the same
and
Not using the touchpad has to do with the refusal of Medion, the laptop manufacturer, to inform me how I can install it (no guaranty = no support as I experience it)
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Launch the live system. Do you see the same problem there also?
JanKol

Post by JanKol »

Cosmo: unfortunately I do not know what "the live system" is.

I think I solved the problem. I put all setting on standard and it seems that my problem is solved. Ok some actions are a bit slower but that is better than the problems I had. Remarkable is that tis problem is not happens in the first weeks/month after installation Mint but after some time
A screen-shot of the mouse settings at this moment (Dutch language system): http://sterntje.nl/71216-Muis.png

Return to “Hardware Support”