mirroring displays is greyed out mint 18.3 xfce

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BananaTech

mirroring displays is greyed out mint 18.3 xfce

Post by BananaTech »

I'm running a hp beats audio special 15 laptops with the touch screen disabled with mint 18.3 Xfce, I have a Phillips HD tv connected via HDMI, it has an a8 series APU with hd8000 series graphics , the problem I am running into is when going into display settings the mirror displays option is greyed out I've tried installing the mesa driver And matched resolution of the HD tv to the laptops screen resolution . at this point, I'm at a loss, any suggestions on how I shall proceed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BananaTech

Re: mirroring displays is greyed out mint 18.3 xfce

Post by BananaTech »

I switched to 18.3 cinnamon, so, therefore, I cannot contribute more to this topic I was never able to solve the problem but if anyone has a solution post it for those facing this problem, please.
Earendil

Re: mirroring displays is greyed out mint 18.3 xfce

Post by Earendil »

I had the same problem but I figured out that when I plug in the hdmi, the display settings pop up, then I choose the advanced options and from there I choose "Use this monitor" (for the hdmi monitor), keep these settings from the window that pops up, and then tick the "mirror displays" option. Then it works. I don't know why initially the "mirror displays" option is greyed out.

Return to “Hardware Support”