Strange Behaviour

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Palladini921

Strange Behaviour

Post by Palladini921 »

I start my computer up, it is running Linux Mint 18.s Sylvia as the sole OS. When I open the Icon My Computer, I can see 2 of the 3 Hard drives in my computer. If I open Gparted, my 3rd drive will appear on my Computer Window, but as soon as I close Gparted, that 3rd drive is no longer recognized as being on the system. I have set the flags for this drive to everything in the list offered, and it does the same thing each time. My home drive, that which the OS sits on is 500 GB, I also have 2 1TB drives installed. it recognizes 1 of them and it's flag is mfstdata, yet that is not to be seen on the drop down list when you change flags.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Strange Behaviour

Post by trytip »

remove the all flags there should be NONE unless it is a windows OS system then it will have boot flag only
why have you set ALL the flags offered? you do realize one of them is HIDDEN so it will hide your drive
Palladini921

Re: Strange Behaviour

Post by Palladini921 »

Like I said there is no other Operating Systems on any drives in my system. These other to drive are just plain old DATA drive. I do a lot of Video Editing and use them to store Video on. And I have no option to remove the flag on the drive.

Return to “Hardware Support”