Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
TheCondor
Level 1
Level 1

no out device in pulseaudio

Post by TheCondor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi, i've a problem after working (bad idea) with pulsaudio. No device appear in audio config panel, and obviously no sound is played..
Alsa is configured and detect the card, pulseaudio is installed but if i try to launch with -verbose i can see this error (this is the only one):

Code: Select all

D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-card with arguments 'device_id="0" name="pci-0000_00_1f.3" card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"'
E: [pulseaudio] ltdl-bind-now.c: Apertura del modulo module-alsa-card.so non riuscita: module-alsa-card.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso: File o directory non esistente
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to open module "module-alsa-card".
I: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: Card /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0 (alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3) failed to load module.
I: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: Found 1 cards.
there is any way for complete reconfigure pulseaudio as the installation did? Thanks in advance.

Mute Ant
Level 13
Level 13

Re: no out device in pulseaudio

Post by Mute Ant » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:39 pm

sudo dpkg-reconfigure pulseaudio will trigger the You-Have-Just-Been-Installed scripts.

Very rarely, like once a year, an OS update will upset the running kernel. Suddenly it can't mount ext4, or the sound-card goes missing. Rebooting the machine is a very cheap way of fixing this.
Right at the bottom, all alone in the centre of the bright cold floor, was a lemon drop.

Return to “Hardware Support”