The Alien went tree

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EnergyDust

The Alien went tree

Post by EnergyDust »

I am proud owner of Alienware r15. It has 1070 and G-sync monitor, it is a gamer's wet dream. But I switched from Windows to Linux with productivity in mind, rather than gaming. But laptop is hitting around 50° just browsing and coding, so I ran a calibration with powertop and the batery life rocked, but the high temp is still there. I opened the baby and cleaned it from the bottom up. Maybe the problem is constantly running the gpu(due to the demand of the monitor, but the temp is good on the gpu 45°, considering the light load) or the inefficient control of the fans.
Everything is up to date as far as drivers and kernel, also it is out of the box with thermald installed, additionally i installed a program for changing cpu performance(but there is only 2 options available powersaver and performance) As i am writing this, I think that it can be cpu scaling problem, can't be.
I am glad if I can get some help
Thanks Linux society.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Re: The Alien went tree

Post by Spearmint2 »

Gamer laptops always have heat problems. CPU and GPU probably share a heat bar that runs across both of them. I assume you have recent thermal paste on both?
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

Return to “Hardware Support”