Headphones (front panel) wont work

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
solidmint

Headphones (front panel) wont work

Post by solidmint »

Hello everyone,
I just install linux mint cinnamon 18.3 and sound from front panel of pc wont work. It works fine from back panel from motherboard (msi z97 gaming 3) but there are 6 outputs and its not probably the correct way to use headphones. I am completely newbie with linux so please be patient with me :). I try to google solution for this but clear part for me was only try run alsamixer and check if its not muted something. Somebody can help please ?:) Will be very thankfull :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: Headphones (front panel) wont work

Post by Ozo »

I am relative newbie as well but am pretty familiar with the basics. You are on the right track by suspecting a change had occurred. My first step would be to look at the Sound settings which is in the Hardware section of System Settings near the bottom. :)

If that looks correct and still you have no headphones, let us know and a resident tech will be glad to help you with this little problem. And, welcome to the forum :D
solidmint

Re: Headphones (front panel) wont work

Post by solidmint »

Ozo wrote:I am relative newbie as well but am pretty familiar with the basics. You are on the right track by suspecting a change had occurred. My first step would be to look at the Sound settings which is in the Hardware section of System Settings near the bottom. :)

If that looks correct and still you have no headphones, let us know and a resident tech will be glad to help you with this little problem. And, welcome to the forum :D

Hello and thanks for you answer :). I trying look there and play with settings but nothing special happen. I also found somewhere to install pavucontrol and trying this figure out there but not success :).

Return to “Hardware Support”