ACER ASPIRE V11 TOUCH: cannot shutdown or restart, & crazy touchpad pointer

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MarkTheMorose
Level 3
Level 3

ACER ASPIRE V11 TOUCH: cannot shutdown or restart, & crazy touchpad pointer

Post by MarkTheMorose »

A colleague donated an Acer Aspire Touch V11, specific model V3-112P-C797. Nothing fancy, but a nice step up from a netbook.

I've installed Linux Mint 18.3 MATE 32-bit, and by and large everything seems to be working fine, except that I can't shut down or restart, and the touchpad's mouse pointer goes absolutely crazy.

Trying to shut down or restart just leaves Mint hanging displaying its logo. I wait 20 seconds or so for any disk activity to finish (it's an SSD), and then hold down the power button to force a power-off.

In use, the mouse pointer randomly decides to rocket around the screen, sometimes clicking and selecting on-screen windows or dialogs. This can be temporarily (like, for a few seconds or minutes) 'fixed' by hitting the Fn-key shortcut to turn the touchpad off and then back on again, but it comes back pretty soon.

Has anyone solved these problems?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”