Gigabyte GA-A320M-DS2 AM4 motherboard and Linux mint

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steveis2
Level 3
Level 3

Gigabyte GA-A320M-DS2 AM4 motherboard and Linux mint

Post by steveis2 »

Hi
I am thinking of buying this motherboard and was wondering if anyone had experience of running Linux on it? I think maybe it would probably be ok but I'm not sure. Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards Steve jarvis
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Gigabyte GA-A320M-DS2 AM4 motherboard and Linux mint

Post by ClixTrix »

That board uses the A320 Chipset. My AM4 Gigabyte (see my sig) uses the B350 (next step up). The ALC887 codec and LAN are same as mine. Not aware of any current problems outside the usual kernel/video card bugs.

There was a Ryzen kernel bug with Gigabyte known as vector 07 bug on Mint 18.2 (default kernel 4.8 ). It's fixed on Mint 18.3 (default kernel 4.10).

Running great here ..... :D
steveis2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by steveis2 »

ClixTrix wrote:That board uses the A320 Chipset. My AM4 Gigabyte (see my sig) uses the B350 (next step up). The ALC887 codec and LAN are same as mine. Not aware of any current problems outside the usual kernel/video card bugs.

There was a Ryzen kernel bug with Gigabyte known as vector 07 bug on Mint 18.2 (default kernel 4.8 ). It's fixed on Mint 18.3 (default kernel 4.10).

Running great here ..... :D
Thanks for the info. I'll buy one and install 18.3.

Steve
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

Good luck Steve. Post back if you have questions/problems.

Return to “Hardware Support”