Troubles to connect IPad

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crojav

Troubles to connect IPad

Post by Crojav »

I am a long time LinuxMint user. In the past it was easy to connect and get my images from the Ipad. But right now when connecting the Ipad, the file-manager comes with "Shotwell Photo manager opened". That is kind, but Shotwell is not able to open the Ipad.

Than after closing Shotwel, I am able after several time disconnecting and connecting the Ipad to connect and will get in store_00010001 directories. But I can't open it. Than after disconnecting the Ipad, and connecting it again it will bring me the DCIM directories and can open to the 100Apple directories. But more than one's I can't copie the images from the Ipad.

I would like to see that Shotwell come not in this proces. So that I directly see the DCIM - that was the normal way it worked well in earlier version from mint.

Well I hope that someone can help me to solve this,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Troubles to connect IPad

Post by ClixTrix »

Look in Menu - Preferred Applications. There are Preferred applications and Removable media tabs. Check both to see if any need reset from launching Shotwell. It's probably in Removable media, but check both. The better choice is "Ask what to do".
Crojav

Re: Troubles to connect IPad

Post by Crojav »

Thanks for your response.

I have done both, and choice "Don't do anything" But still the file manager opens with "Shotwell Phone Manager Open"

Return to “Hardware Support”