generic LM17.3 graphics driver for Radeon HD A8570D not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oldgranola
Level 5
Level 5

generic LM17.3 graphics driver for Radeon HD A8570D not working

Post by oldgranola »

Hello,
In the hopes of going to the spec/melt patched kernels like 4.4.0-112,111,108,109 from 4.2.0-30 for my LM17.3 cinnamon 64mb (Graphics: Radeon HD 8570D) I tried using the driver manager to drop fglrx-update for the recommended generic driver as the 4.4 kernels crash cinnamon in LM17.3 while using fglrx. However, after reboot it looks horrible and there is a notice that there are driver problems, the hardware acceleration is turned off, and should be used for debugging only. This also happened when I tried it in 4.2.0-30. So I went back to fglrx for now and current 4.2 kernel. Are there tweaks I can do to make the generic version work? I did try booting to a live 18.3 cinnamon USB which looked fine so it should work, correct? I'm just not quite ready to spend the time to redo my OS and programs etc.

Cheers and thanks ahead of time
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
comadore, pcDOS, hpux, solaris, vms-vax ....blah blah blah..
Yet I'm still a fn nooob

Return to “Hardware Support”