Lenovo Yoga 11

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mindwave

Lenovo Yoga 11

Post by mindwave »

Hey guys,

Ordered a YOGA 11 off woot yesterday so I have a few days, but its coming w/ win10, which is why I ordered it in the 1st place.

Have a GREAT Dell slim book, but w/ only 32GB eemc it runs out of space after every boot, and is NON upgradable as far as that goes.

However since I ordered the YOGA I thought that MAYBE going back to a Linux based laptop, my last Dell I ran Mint on for years and it worked well.

Now the YOGA has a 320gb HDD so that shouldn't be an issue but assuming that my relationship w/ win10 goes the same way as it has in the past than in a week or 3 I'll be begging for Linux.

SO back to the initial question ANYONE LOAD MINT ON ONE OF THESE CRITTERS?

Im sure the touch screen would be tough, but im not really interested in that, Windows was not made to be pointed ta (IMHO)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wind_rose_2
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 11

Post by wind_rose_2 »

I have also obtained the yoga 2 and had the win 10 on it. I quickly dumped all the window and loaded the Linux Mint 18.3 which l am still learning having been a windows user from the start.
The touch screen is still not fully functional but it does work for some things.
I have recently wanted to locate on the laptop the Lenovo (Built in) Camera but can not locate it anywhere. It does work though as it use it to Skype..but l can not locate the software?
The other issue l have had but solved was connecting my TV screen with the Micro HDMI...the first one l had obtained was a cheap ebay purchase that did not work ,l then purchased one from Startech.com and it works fine though sometimes l am having the tv screen flash and momentarily see the computers desk top on screen..not all the time but it does happen and l am not sure if it is the cable? the Micro HDMI port or the HDMI connection to the TV. Not really a big thing but it does bug me.
Let me know how you get on.

Return to “Hardware Support”