Nvidia Drivers for HP Laptop (Go7600)

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steveblezy

Nvidia Drivers for HP Laptop (Go7600)

Post by steveblezy »

Hello all, I was installing the latest KDE (32 bit) version on my old laptop, HP DV9700 that has a Nvidia go7600 video card. I am having an issue with installing the video drivers. I tried using the"driver"tool and it identified the Nvidia 304 - recomended (going from memory). After the install was completed, I had to reboot. When I was presented with a black screen and a huge curser. After some time there was the following message "screen locker is broken and unlocking is not possible In order to unlock switch to virtual terminal (eictrl-alt-F2) log in and execute the command loginctl unlock-session. Afterwards switch back to the running sessions (ctrl alt f7)

What now? I followed those instructions, entered user and password. Now what?

So,.... what drivers am I supposed to use? The nvidia-current? Nvidia 304? Any ideas? would hate to try another set of drivers and have to start re-installing the OS all over again because I do not know how to get past this issue.

Any ideas?

Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”