No sound on HDMI TV after restart

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BigAngry

No sound on HDMI TV after restart

Post by BigAngry »

I have a tv connected via hdmi. Most of the time I use speakers and have my sound device set to analog out which works fine. If I use my tv I get picture and sound the first time I plug in the hdmi cable (e.g. Cable unplugged, start pc, plug in hdmi, turn on tv = everything works). If I leave the cable plugged in as is most ideal and turn off my pc, the next time I turn it on the HDMI sound device is missing from my sound options and I cant find any way to make pulse rescan and find the device again. I have to go and unplug the cable and restart my pc to get it to work again.

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for quite a while now to no avail, including trying to restart the pulse daemon and detection modules, but there seems to be no clear solution. Another thing Ive noticed is that when i increase/decrease the volume I get 2 sound icons on my screen while the hdmi cable is plugged in.

Anyone have any input on whats going on here?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BigAngry

Re: No sound on HDMI TV after restart

Post by BigAngry »

Ive got it plugged into an nvidia graphics card. The TV hdmi connection is missing in sound the second time around.

Return to “Hardware Support”