Network Drivers x555qa, 802.11ac

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DarthLooper

Network Drivers x555qa, 802.11ac

Post by DarthLooper »

I am having problems finding network drivers for linux, i have an asus, xqqq5a, with an ath10k atheros 802.11ac wireless card. My current issue is the generic drivers only connect to 2.4g, and the network frequently stops functioning, or has issues holding a solid connection(awkward bandwidth fluctuations, pocked with D/C's). i do not have this problem with my windows 10 partitions, also on my windows partition i can connect to my 5g network no problem. can anyone please help me find the correct linux driver for this specific wireless card/notebook? I am running linux mint 18.3 with cinnamon 6.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Network Drivers x555qa, 802.11ac

Post by Hoser Rob »

I don't think "ath10k atheros" is enough to go on. You should always post detailed system info for support, copy/paste this to the terminal and copy/paste the text output here:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Network Drivers x555qa, 802.11ac

Post by JeremyB »

You could make sure Network Manager isn't turning on wifi power management with

sudo sed -i 's/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/' /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf && systemctl restart network-manager.service
Post results for

dmesg | grep ath

Return to “Hardware Support”