Horizontal lines across the screen

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jarekk

Horizontal lines across the screen

Post by Jarekk »

Hi,

I have been using Mint for a while without a problem. Yesterday I cam up a problem I can't solve.
After update I noticed that across the screen there a lines that are stronger on the right and fade leftwards. I attached a screen-shot of the problem.
I do not know if they are related to drivers or to the hardware (screen or graphic card). I am using Toshiba Tecra with integrated Intel graphics.
Also, I am not completely sure it is directly related to the update. I just noticed it there after the update but it could occur earlier and I did not notice as I was working on two other external screens.

Do you have any suggestions how to find the cause, or maybe you have come across such a phenomena?

Thanks

Jarek
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jarekk

Re: Horizontal lines across the screen

Post by Jarekk »

Hi again,

There was some update today. I installed all the updates. After I came back to the computer and logged in the problem was no longer there.
I have no idea hot it came and how it went away, but the circumstantial evidence point to updates.

Thanks

Jarek
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

It will return. Sounds like your cable between motherboard and monitor has a short in it.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
Jarekk

Post by Jarekk »

Thank you for the suggestion. So this is more like a screen problem.
I will check that!

Thanks
Jarek

Return to “Hardware Support”