Intel SSD Giving Me Fits

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KamenRiderNecro
Level 3
Level 3

Intel SSD Giving Me Fits

Post by KamenRiderNecro »

So. I have a practically brand new Intel 545s series SSD that I have now attempted to install Mint on in a couple different machines, now, and the thing just does not want to cooperate. I just now tried it on another machine, and at the outset of the installation process I was told "Linux Mint needs 10.2 GB of space to be installed on. This drive has 0B of space." Eh, wut?! To be fair, this is an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is at least 14 years old and has to have a disc as the installation medium (I've not tried a thumb drive yet), so either it's somehow not compatible with the machine (even though it is SATA) or maybe I have a defective piece of hardware? I already have a 32bit version of Mint to install on it, so that's not the issue, I think. Maybe this is not the best place to be asking, but it's a start. I suppose.*shrug*
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Is that gasoline, Mr. Gideon?"

"Jalapeno, what a headache!"

Mint 20.2 MATE, Intel core i5 9600K, MSI Z390M, Crucial Ballistix 16GB RAM, WD Black boot drive, WD HDDs
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Intel SSD Giving Me Fits

Post by Tomgin5 »

What model is the Toshiba? I have 6 older ones and only 1 is 32 bit. If it is a 32 bit, the bios should still accept either a flash ISO or a DVD ISO (internal or external). If you have an HDD-USB adapter, it will read and operate from an external HDD via a USB port. As for formating the SSD, I have never had any problems doing either HDD or SSD. Just watch the BIOS settings.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Intel SSD Giving Me Fits

Post by Pierre »

just to ask the obvious - - you did check that the ISOs checksum was correct:
https://linuxmint.com/verify.php
otherwise, you can get all sorts of weird errors. .
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Hardware Support”