Touchscreen axes inverted on Winbook TW700 in Mint 19-beta

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wrighch

Touchscreen axes inverted on Winbook TW700 in Mint 19-beta

Post by wrighch »

While running Mint 18.3 on a Winbook TW700 I was able to get the touchscreen working properly by modifying /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf to add "Option "InvertX" "true" to the InputClass Section of the conf file.

In Mint 19-beta xfce version, this fix no longer works. Perhaps because of a newer version of the "X" server? The TW700 uses the Goodix touchscreen and the driver embedded in the Mint 19-beta kernel is supposed to address this issue. But it doesn't correct the axes on my device. USB mouse works fine. But the touchscreen driver embedded in the Mint 19-beta doesn't properly invert the X/Y coordinates as expected. Dragging up moves the cursor down, etc. Mint's Update Manager says my device is up to date as of the time of this post.

Any help would be appreciated.

cw
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ccase01
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Touchscreen axes inverted on Winbook TW700 in Mint 19-beta

Post by ccase01 »

I share your pain. I am now having this exact same problem. I can turn mount monitor upside down and it will work except for the boot process but that is not a solution i want to bring to my vendor. Did you ever have any success with this?
Linux Mint 19.3
Lenovo Legion 17.3 Laptop
Intel© 6 Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
64GB
Nvidia RTX 2080 MAXQ

Return to “Hardware Support”