[Solved] Touchpad scrolling not working after sleep

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NMZ

[Solved] Touchpad scrolling not working after sleep

Post by NMZ »

Dear Mint users,

I recently installed Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on a Thinkpad X250. While everything seems to be working fine, I have an issue with the touchpad. When I close the laptop lid (putting it in sleep), and resume it, I lose all scrolling functions for the touchpad, whether I chose two-finger scrolling, "side bar" scrolling, or automatic mode. Changing the settings does not reactivate the scrolling. The touchpad is still responsive nonetheless, and I can control my pointer and click.
The system is up to date, and I have not installed a lot a applications, besides TLP or Krita.
I can't reproduce this problem with Ubuntu (16.04 and 18.04), so I suppose it's related to software/driver included in Mint 18.3, or eventually to some sleep parameters.

Thank you in advance if you have any clue or suggestions :D

Please note I posted in this section, as I thought it might be more pertinent considering it's probably directly linked to a driver issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NMZ

Re: Touchpad scrolling not working after sleep

Post by NMZ »

I found a solution, based on this thread for users with issues using Ubuntu : https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... untu-16-04

I edited grub config file, and replaced :

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
With :

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="i8042.reset i8042.nomux i8042.nopnp i8042.noloop"
This seems to have solved my issue.
Positivo58

Re: [Solved] Touchpad scrolling not working after sleep

Post by Positivo58 »

I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s and installed Mint 19.3 Cinnamon. I was getting a similar issue with the touchpad losing the ability to scroll after closing the lid (suspend). I applied the following steps from this link: viewtopic.php?p=1592415#p1592415

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=0 quiet splash"

sudo update-grub 
reboot
skala
Level 1
Level 1

Post by skala »

Positivo58 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:33 am I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s and installed Mint 19.3 Cinnamon. I was getting a similar issue with the touchpad losing the ability to scroll after closing the lid (suspend). I applied the following steps from this link: viewtopic.php?p=1592415#p1592415

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=0 quiet splash"

sudo update-grub 
reboot
Exactly the same case with the same configuration and it worked just perfect. Thanks
Positivo58

Post by Positivo58 »

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you got it to work.
tekk

Post by tekk »

Got a Lenovo T440s and had exactly the same problem.
Touchpad now works OK.
Thank you.

Return to “Hardware Support”