problems with my screen, URGENT!!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JIMIneitor

problems with my screen, URGENT!!

Post by JIMIneitor »

:shock: :shock: Hi there

My problem is that yesterday i was trying to "fix" a bug with my video card, which BTW is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD, it has support for OpenGL 2.0, HD video, etc, what I did is to iinstall everything related to Mesa, xorg, vesa, opengl, (I installed a lot of stuff such as Mesa-dev and packages like that), but m graphics got even worse, the screen filckered, and all my eyecandy was gone.

Then I reinstalled the system (I have a separate /home) and now the screen didnt flicker, but the special effects couldnt be enabled

What could be wrong?

oh and BTW
I'm in Gloria, and this laptop is almost brand new. (Dell 1545)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: problems with my screen, URGENT!!

Post by Husse »

This is not urgent in any way, don't abuse that word
Gloria/Jaunty has built in support for this chip (X4500HD) as does Felicia/Intrepid but not earlier versions
If you experience problems the thing would be to revert to the 2.4.0 driver as described here
You have to look at the hidden files in your home
There may remain erroneous settings from your "experiment"
JIMIneitor

Re: problems with my screen, URGENT!!

Post by JIMIneitor »

what i did is to fully restore the system, i mean, i formatted /home and everything (i love to back up) and now its all right

And I beg your pardon, but it was urgent for me because the screen was showing about 1 fps or something like that, making it unusable, and then no eye-candy (I was like confused???)

Return to “Hardware Support”