Suspend Doens't Work

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vdeane
Level 2
Level 2

Suspend Doens't Work

Post by vdeane »

I recently installed Linux Mint 19 x64 Cinnamon on my Acer Chromebook C710 since the Chromebook hit end of life and the last update was causing frequent crashes. Everything works well for the most part, except for suspend. Whenever I try to suspend, either via the shutdown menu or shutting the lid (which I've since disabled when I found out about this problem), it instead performs a hard shutdown, as if the power cord and battery had both been removed, and I have to do a full boot when it should instead be resuming. I tried editing /etc/default/grub with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_sleep=nonvs" and running update-grub, but it didn't work. Is there a way to get suspend to work? As of right now, if I'm using my Chromebook and need to go somewhere else, there's no way to do so without losing my work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mrmajik45

Re: Suspend Doens't Work

Post by mrmajik45 »

Might be a Chromebook bug. Alot of issues happen with Chromebooks and Linux (Not chrome OS)
vdeane
Level 2
Level 2

Post by vdeane »

To follow up: I went ahead and switched from the johnlewis.ie firmware to the Mr.Chromebox firmware and reinstalled, and now suspend works on my Chromebook - without any extra configuration, even.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Crappy firmware. Got it.

Return to “Hardware Support”