Firefox settings menu invisible, Driver Manager doesn't load / hangs desktop (or also invisible?)

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
kentchristopher
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox settings menu invisible, Driver Manager doesn't load / hangs desktop (or also invisible?)

Post by kentchristopher » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:22 pm

I have 18.3 KDE 64-bit on a Thinkpad X230. Chrome runs fine but recently I've tried using Firefox more for its Facebook sandboxing feature.

I discover that when I click the menu button in Firefox (the three line button to open settings) the mouse cursor changes color but the actual menu doesn't appear. I know the menu is open because I tried randomly clicking and got a new private window to open up (suggesting the menu is there).

Searching suggested this was a driver issue. Following that, I tried to open Driver Manager. Doing this I see gksu opening but nothing happens and, while the mouse cursor still moves, the desktop is unresponsive to clicks (including the start menu, clock, etc.). If I hit ESC I can get back to a responding desktop (even though visually nothing changed).

I've tried rebooting into previous kernels. Current: 4.15.0-24, previous 4.13.0-45 and -43.

jano
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox settings menu invisible, Driver Manager doesn't load / hangs desktop (or also invisible?)

Post by jano » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:49 am

I have the same problem here, just updated firefox and the menu disappears, also other similar menu like instances inside the preferences pane. I tried to reset to defaults and change the theme but it remains the same, some problem with the update?

Return to “Hardware Support”