Mounting Konka U3 phone.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Keszam

Mounting Konka U3 phone.

Post by Keszam »

I recently purchased the Konka U3 phone. When I attach it to my computer running Linux Mint 19 Xfce, it won't mount automatically as other USB storage devices normally do. I have attempted to mount it manually with no success. The dmesg output looks like this.

Konka01.png

Then I thought I would see what Windows does, so I ran up WinXP in Virtualbox and passed through the Konka. WinXP had no trouble mounting it and I had access to both the internal storage and the SD card in the phone.

Things got interesting when I ejected the two Konka drives from WinXP. As control was passed back to Linux Mint, this time the Konka was mounted automatically; the dmesg output looks like this.

Konka02.png

I even got a bonus drive which Linux Mint mounts as 'CD'. This is probably what the Konka uses when a factory reset is invoked.

Is someone able to explain what is going on here? What changes after running the virtual machine that enables Linux Mint to now mount what it was not able to mount previously?

I really would like to be able to mount it without first putting it through the virtual machine - can anyone help with what I need to do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Keszam

Re: Mounting Konka U3 phone.

Post by Keszam »

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going on here?
All contributions greatly appreciated!

Return to “Hardware Support”