Kingston Datatraveler Question

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lifewithoutparole
Level 1
Level 1

Kingston Datatraveler Question

Post by lifewithoutparole »

Hi All, HD failed so I Installed Linux Mint in February on the new SSD. I have a Kingston DTVP3.0 encrypted drive and today I plugged it in to see if I could still use it. It is recognized but I cannot get the launcher to work. It was originally used on my windows 7 computer. I can see that it has Linux folders 32bit/64 bit so apparently it will work with Linux. Do any of you know of a program I can download that will let me open the drive and use it? I use it for travelling and store insurance and medical information, that sort of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I am not worried about losing any of the data on the drive. Thanks, Tim in Florida USA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Kingston Datatraveler Question

Post by ClixTrix »

Does this manual in the section, pages 21-24, on Linux Ubuntu (Mint is based upon Ubuntu) help?

http://media.kingston.com/support/downl ... al_002.pdf
lifewithoutparole
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Kingston Datatraveler Question

Post by lifewithoutparole »

ClixTrix, Thanks for the link. It appears that I can set this up after all. I was hoping I could use it in a MS OS and Linux OS, since it is for emergency only and If I am stranded with it most computers I could access will still be running MS Windows....Thanks so much for the help. Tim

Return to “Hardware Support”