does the gigabyte gk force k83 red support linux? [solved]

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alpha_sh

does the gigabyte gk force k83 red support linux? [solved]

Post by Alpha_sh »

ive been looking at the gigabyte gk force k83 red keyboard for a while since it is a good budget mechanical keyboard, though i watched a review where a guy said he has problems with it working on windows 7, which means it might not support every OS, does anyone either use this keyboard with linux or know whether it works with linux or not? i cant seem to find anything online.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: does the gigabyte gk force k83 red support linux?

Post by xenopeek »

There is a review on Amazon here that sounds like it just works: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B01BMJ0Y4O
[...] The special function keys (volume, playback, etc) are working out of the box with no configuration on Debian Linux unstable with KDE5. [...]
But the reviewer is negative over the build quality and the RMA process. You get what you pay for. But there are many positive reviews as well so make up your own mind on that.
Alpha_sh

Re: does the gigabyte gk force k83 red support linux? [solved]

Post by Alpha_sh »

Thank you! the problem in the review is something i wouldnt RMA for, but its good to know.

Return to “Hardware Support”