Toughbook cf30 + Mint 17 touch screen does not calibrate

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lortech

Toughbook cf30 + Mint 17 touch screen does not calibrate

Post by lortech »

I bring up the external calibration app "sorry cannot recall its name" Xcalibrate ? Anyway it shows the four crosses use stylus to press on them but the mouse stays stuck at the bottom of the screen. Running mint 17 with x - Cinnamon? Any ideas how to calibrate it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dl_sledding

Re: Toughbook cf30 + Mint 17 touch screen does not calibrate

Post by dl_sledding »

I had EXACTLY the same problem with Mint 19 XCFE on a CF-30, and I found your post when I was going to create one, so I am piggybacking. I tried everything on the Net that I could find, including editing the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ with calibration data (as xinput_calibrator suggested), and still I couldn't get it to calibrate. It's like XCFE is ignoring those X11 config files.

Now, after an update, it's gotten worse: the touchscreen is not responding at all.

It would be great if someone with GUI desktop experience could post a troubleshooting step-by-step. No idea where to start with this. I'm more than happy to give any info needed, because it'd be great to have that working.

Thanks!!

Return to “Hardware Support”