Gaming Mouse

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NDW57

Gaming Mouse

Post by NDW57 »

There have been a number of queries in relation to gaming mice and programming the extra buttons. For info.....I recently purchased a Roccat Kiro gaming mouse that has up to five additional buttons from the norm, I programmed these on a Windows machine using the download from Roccat and the mouse "held" the new designations when I used it on Linux Mint 17.3. Thus, the mouse has an onboard memory that takes reprogramming from machine to machine. i.e it works ! I suspect it would work with other Roccat mice. (A very nice mouse incidentally). A simple answer perhaps for those timid about using "Terminal" to reprogramme mouse buttons.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gualicho32
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Gaming Mouse

Post by Gualicho32 »

NDW57 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 am There have been a number of queries in relation to gaming mice and programming the extra buttons. For info.....I recently purchased a Roccat Kiro gaming mouse that has up to five additional buttons from the norm, I programmed these on a Windows machine using the download from Roccat and the mouse "held" the new designations when I used it on Linux Mint 17.3. Thus, the mouse has an onboard memory that takes reprogramming from machine to machine. i.e it works ! I suspect it would work with other Roccat mice. (A very nice mouse incidentally). A simple answer perhaps for those timid about using "Terminal" to reprogramme mouse buttons.
This is a subject I'm quite interested in myself. Gaming mice are nice, though I personally would much rather use an old school PSX style game controller for action titles. I think for me, the decorative aspect is the main selling point. For the hardcore gaming snobs who insist on rugged dependability and maximum customization, simply looking cool wouldn't be enough for them. The "driverless" mice would be less hassle for most normal users.

Return to “Hardware Support”