Battery percentage drops suddenly

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sk8shape

Battery percentage drops suddenly

Post by sk8shape »

Good morning everybody, as the title says I have some battery calibration problems. In particular the battery percentage drops from 20%-ish to 7% pretty much every time I let it go so low. Is there any way I can recalibrate it? I already tried to do some full discharge, full charge cycles, but that didn't help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
addysmith97

Re: Battery percentage drops suddenly

Post by addysmith97 »

Hello friend, you did not explain here your Laptop model or company name and how much old your battery? Sometimes many old batteries also create the problem like you are facing
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Battery percentage drops suddenly

Post by catweazel »

sk8shape wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:11 am Good morning everybody, as the title says I have some battery calibration problems. In particular the battery percentage drops from 20%-ish to 7% pretty much every time I let it go so low. Is there any way I can recalibrate it? I already tried to do some full discharge, full charge cycles, but that didn't help.
In addition to what @addysmith97 wrote, please post the output of this terminal command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Enclose the results between [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Hardware Support”