<SOLVED> Linux Mint 19 Xfce saving screen resolution

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MtnMan75
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> Linux Mint 19 Xfce saving screen resolution

Post by MtnMan75 »

I have set up an older computer with 19 Xfce and am using it with a Sharp TV I have that accepts a VGA input and my video card has dual DVI outputs I have to use an adapter with to go to the VGA. I have figured out the following lines in terminal will get me to the maximum resolution for this setup (1360x768) and everything works great until I restart it. I was hoping someone could help me with making this permanent so I don't have to type this in each time.

the lines are:
xrandr --newmode "1360x768 60.00" 84.57 1360 1432 1568 1776 768 771 781 798 -hsync +vsync
xrandr --addmode DVI-1 1360x768_60.00
xrandr -s 4

and my screen is awesome... until I restart. hehe.
Thanks in advance for any help...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MtnMan75
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 19 Xfce saving screen resolution

Post by MtnMan75 »

Ok... I figured this out. I created the bash file with the commands listed before, and made the file executable. Then under Session and Startup ->Application Autostart I pointed to the hidden folder I created and stored this script in. If this helps anyone else - I named the file sharptv.sh and saved it under home in a folder called .sharptv. From the Application Autostart menu I clicked Add and then created a name for this 'application', and just called it Resolution Fix under description. For the command line I wrote the following: bash .sharptv/sharptv.sh and it executes this file from the hidden folder and my screen resolution is now 1360x768 upon startup. The login screen is a bit off, but I could care less about that.

Return to “Hardware Support”