Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
mirkoj
Level 1
Level 1

monitor orientation and custom resolution and refresh rate

Post by mirkoj » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 am

Hi,
I have a bit unusual orientation on monitors and with that some issues setting up things.
So I have 3x32" 4k monitors.
2 of them are in landscape standard orientation and 3rd one on the right is rotated to portrait mode.
Now those 2 portrait ones are on display port and 3rd one is on HDMI.
When set to auto one on HDMI will always set to 30 HZ.
If I turn on rotation and then leave resolutiona nd refresh rate to auto it works fine but refresh rate is at 30Hz.
If I go into custom mode I can only setup standard 4l resolutona nd 60Hz then refresh rate is fine but monitor is not represented as portrait any more as resoltuion is not good.
Home this all makes any sense but is there a way to fix this properly?

Worse case scenario I'm thinking in puting left monitor on HDMI and right one on display port :)
But still wondering how would you setup portrait monitor mode and custom settings for resolution and refresh rate to work.
Thanks

mirkoj
Level 1
Level 1

Re: monitor orientation and custom resolution and refresh rate

Post by mirkoj » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:09 am

Also to point out, even after setting up evreyhting after each reboot all settings are lost.
I did manage to get settings proeply saved in xorg.conf and all proper settings are in inscluding:

Option "metamodes" "HDMI-0: 3840x2160_60 +0+840, DP-0: nvidia-auto-select +3840+840, DP-2: nvidia-auto-select +7680+0 {rotation=left}"

with all proper resolution refresh rates and orientation.
But even with all that saved in xorg.conf, after restarting it is all just defaulted and I need to make settings all over again.
Makes no sense. Any ideas how at least to get these monitor settings saved?
Thanks

mirkoj
Level 1
Level 1

Re: monitor orientation and custom resolution and refresh rate

Post by mirkoj » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:13 pm

and seems like I managed.
compbo of xorg.conf file, .nvidia-settings-rc and display settings in mint and apply there as well. now after reboot everything sticks properly so one thing sorted out :)

Return to “Hardware Support”