MS LifeCam VX-6000 how to install in cinnamon 'tara'

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richardamer
Level 1
Level 1

MS LifeCam VX-6000 how to install in cinnamon 'tara'

Post by richardamer »

Hi... I have the above WebCam but I simply cannot get it to work with this installation of Cinnamon 19... I would be most grateful for some direction here... Richard.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: MS LifeCam VX-6000 how to install in cinnamon 'tara'

Post by Pierre »

Hmm - there is a high likelihood of that M$ LifeCam needing some Extra Drivers.
and as such, you could have some issues in getting those drivers to work on any Linux System.
:(
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
richardamer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by richardamer »

Hi Pierre... Yes, and thanks for that, I obtained ALL the drivers from the MS website for this device but non are suitable for Linux! I guess I'll have to stick with my Logitech webcam... Kindest regards... Richard.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

richardamer wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:12 am I obtained ALL the drivers from the MS website for this device but non are suitable for Linux!
Not much of a surprise there. Microsoft make their own operating system, they're not likely to offer drivers for other ones. For that reason, not all hardware will work with Linux-based OSses. Blame the manufacturers who don't want to support Linux.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”