I am trying to fix a problem with my motherboard, respectively the USB 3.0 connectors, in linux mint which doesn't/don't work correctly.
I've read some threads, like this and some other (specific for my mainboard), with the problem solving steps
- from a terminal session enter the following commands: sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
- change the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="iommu=soft"
- save this changed file and EXIT the terminal session.
- start another terminal session and enter the following command:
- sudo update-grub
- EXIT this terminal session and reboot
Any ideas for that?
Thanks a lot
p.s.: Sorry if there are any mistakes. It's not the best english speaking person here
(By the way i tried to use the searching function, but it's sadly not possible to search USB 'cause it has to be 4 letters )