Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Feng
Level 1
Level 1

Sennheiser GSX1000 USB Soundcard from Mono to 7.1 in Linux Mint 19

Post by Feng » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:33 am

Hello Community !

How can I use my GSX1000 on Linux Mint 19 with 7.1 Sound ?

bash: aplay -l gives

Karte 1: Audio [GSX 1000 Main Audio], Gerät 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Sub-Geräte: 1/1
Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0
Karte 1: Audio [GSX 1000 Main Audio], Gerät 1: USB Audio [USB Audio #1]
Sub-Geräte: 1/1
Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0

I change the setting in etc/Pulse to:

#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0 # capture device, card 1, subdevice 0
#load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,1 channels=8 # playback device, card 1, subdevice 1, 7.1 channels

but nothing change !

Thx

Hoser Rob
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Sennheiser GSX1000 USB Soundcard from Mono to 7.1 in Linux Mint 19

Post by Hoser Rob » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 am

I can't find much, you may want to read this:

https://forum.archlabslinux.com/t/usb-d ... issue/1589

MrEen
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MrEen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Feng, and welcome to the forum.

If you install and run PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) you might be able to make the correct adjustment on the Configuration tab depending on what Profile options it gives you.

phd21
Level 17
Level 17

Post by phd21 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Feng,

FYI: Install "pulse audio volume control" from the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)". There are some really nice graphical (GUI) programs for sound that start with "Qas", like the fantastic "Qasmixer", in the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) that you can install and use. Sound "Mixers" can be a little confusing if you are not familiar with them. If you bring up "Qasmixer" and make it fullscreen, on the right side you will have mixer devices where you can control your system sound. If you do not see the mixer devices, hit "F6". The mixer item "sysdefault" will show all installed sound card devices, and you will have various options to adjust various volume controls using "sliders" which you can turn off and on using the "dot" below the volume slider. There are also various other checkboxes below that you can use, and depending upon your sound card(s) that sometimes includes headphone checkboxes and or sliders as well, like "Headphone Jack Sense".

QasTools: Applications
http://xwmw.org/qastools/applications.html

The applications included are:
- qasconfig - browser for the alsa configuration tree
- qashctl - mixer for alsa's high level control interface
- qasmixer - desktop mixer with features similar to alsamixer

Qasmixer is a desktop mixer application for alsa's "simple mixer interface" and offers features similar to alsamixer. it also features a sytem tray icon with basic mixer functionality.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.3, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram,256gb SDD, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

andersdd
Level 1
Level 1

Post by andersdd » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:36 pm

Two things come to mind regarding getting the Sennheiser to work on Linux:

[1] It looks like your configuration in default.pa is still commented out. Make sure you remove the leading hashes #
[2] You have to restart pulseaudio. I do this using "pulseaudio -k && pulseaudio -D"

My issue is ALSA loads USB soundcards in different orders so my card number keeps changing. Plus the volume control can be a bit touchy. But other than that, the GSX1000 is an amazing improvement to sound quality.

Return to “Hardware Support”