Getting stuff to work

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bruzer

Getting stuff to work

Post by Bruzer »

How do,
I've recently installed Mint19 which is great, well chuffed that the computer actually works after I'd finished.............
That said I cant get the printer working (Epson XP-225) or the wireless TP-Link adapter.

Please be aware I am a total novice computer user, nothing seems to happen when plugging the TP-link into the usb port.
I've googled about installing the printer and all that happens now is that it spits all the paper out when clicking print 'test' page, with nothing being printed on any of the pages.
I've searched this site, but don't understand some of the answers especially when the terminal is involved.

Ta for any help

Rog
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Getting stuff to work

Post by JoeFootball »

Bruzer wrote:Ta for any help
Welcome to the forums, Rog. :)

While I don't have your specific hardware to troubleshoot, I can suggest these articles from the Easy Linux Tips Project (maintained by a regular here on the forums)...

Brother printers: how to install them in Linux Mint

How to solve internet connection problems

...as well as the many other informative tips from there. That site has helped me quite a number of times, so I'm keen to recommend it.

If that doesn't provide you with solutions, I would suggest labeling this post [solved], and breaking out your two issues into two separate posts for these forums...

Board index > Main Edition Support > Hardware Support > Printers & Scanners

Board index > Main Edition Support > Networking > Wireless

...for the experts there. Otherwise, Newbie Questions is always an option if you feel that forum is more appropriate.

Joe

P.S. Don't fear the terminal. :) Many solutions here on the forums are provided via that method because desktop/versions often differ, where the terminal stays virtually the same. Also, it's easier to tell someone "type this" rather than try to articulate what they're supposed to be seeing in a visual interface (which again, may differ).

Return to “Hardware Support”