Threadripper and linux

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3

Threadripper and linux

Post by battlenut »

I recently purchased a threadripper 1950x and a Asrock X399 board. Is there anyone out there using a similar setup? just looking to see if there are any issues with hardware configuration.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Threadripper and linux

Post by catweazel »

battlenut wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:44 am I recently purchased a threadripper 1950x and a Asrock X399 board. Is there anyone out there using a similar setup? just looking to see if there are any issues with hardware configuration.
The 1950X doesn't have in-built video so Mint 19 should install just fine.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3

Post by battlenut »

OOHH! So most of the problems are with onboard video?
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

battlenut wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 am OOHH! So most of the problems are with onboard video?
Vega video provided by the CPU, yes. It's too new for the current kernel. The best way to check if you're going to strike issues is to run up a live media on the beast and see how it goes.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

that is always the Approved Method:
- Run an Live Media of your proposed Operating System to check against your Hardware.
8)
then do a search against any issues that you do find & their resolution, if any.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
MikeBee

Post by MikeBee »

I just ordered a similar system. I'm curious about your progress.
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3

Post by battlenut »

MikeBee wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:07 am I just ordered a similar system. I'm curious about your progress.
Its gonna be a few days awaiting another water block from performance pcs. the first one I got will not cool properly. will let ya know more when I have more.

Return to “Hardware Support”