Crash of mint while replacing a printer

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nmckie

Crash of mint while replacing a printer

Post by nmckie »

trying to replace a pixma ts3150 printer when I noticed the OS has reverted to 18.2 I distinctly remember updating to 18.3 four months ago, I read somewhere in forums that you should keep the system up to date so I was doing this and left the machine for a while. When I started it up again there was a message box came up just before the welcome screen saying the mint had crashed and the OS was running in back up mode, There was no task bar and therefore no access to the menu icon.
I am sort of piggy backed to the documentation program to allow access to internet.
when I get sorted I think I would like to be with Mint19 and a new printer working.
The laptop is Dell Latitude E6500
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Crash of mint while replacing a printer

Post by deepakdeshp »

If your system isn't working now, think of fresh install of Mint 19. Test the printer if it's working after installing Mint 19.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
nmckie

Re: Crash of mint while replacing a printer

Post by nmckie »

Thanks for your advice - I've backed up stuff and will try an install of M19 and see how we get on from there.

Return to “Hardware Support”