Problems in dual boot with Linux Mint graphic card

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ekki93

Problems in dual boot with Linux Mint graphic card

Post by Ekki93 »

I'm dual booting Windows 10 and Linux Mint on my lab computer and I recently installed (after several hardware problems) a second screen. After I solved the Windows-related issues I noticed the Linux Mint interface for selecting an user makes both screens say "wrong display mode". I could still write my password and hit enter, which made one of the screens work, while the other still doesn't. I tried updating the graphic drivers but the driver manager says I don't have an internet connection. I looked for solutions to that problem both within and outside the forums and apparently the proxy isn't properly configured (we got a proxy) for the driver manager, but none of the solutions worked yet.

Also I can't enter safe mode with Linux because I configured grub to only show windows/linux in their regular modes, and when I choose linux and hit escape I can't see anything so that hasn't worked either.

Is there anything else I can do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”