Don't buy Asrock

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FreedomTruth
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Don't buy Asrock

Post by FreedomTruth »

My ASRock Z77 Extreme6 from 2012 runs linux just fine. Even hibernate and suspend work! I've not had to deal with their customer service. I've run a variety of kernels on this over the years -- a couple kernel updates have given problems that were later fixed.
guiltyspark

Post by guiltyspark »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=289450&p=1604676#p1604673

i have tried to get this and or any linux os on here and networking for over a month.american megatrends, the bios company, says they are not responsible for the final bios version, that comes from asrock, so their lame ass excuses of "we dont support linux: really translate to "we made sure linux wont network, either fix the problem in the coding yourself or buy windows products" i dont have the understanding lvl needed yet to fix the issue at the above link, and i need help please.
Acewiza

Post by Acewiza »

lewmur wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:48 pmThey can't go back and add it to the 4.15 kernel Mint 19 has as its default.
CPU: 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 2130/1550/3200 MHz Kernel: 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64 Up: 1d 8h 01m
No issues on this X370 Killer SLi/ac. I also have an older i5 Asrock board running plain vanilla Debian Stable. Never any issues with that one either and it's been loaded up from scratch at least 3 different times in the last 5 years or so after I decided to do something different with it.
guiltyspark

Post by guiltyspark »

battlenut
Level 3
Level 3

Post by battlenut »

lewmur wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:57 pm There was a time when Linux users took it for granted that hardware makers had no interest in giving them support. I think that time has past. But Asrock doesn't!!
I purchased a Ryzen MB and when I couldn't get it to boot any Debian based distro other than in "recovery mode", I contacted their tech support their response was that they didn't have any Linux "drivers". I came to this forum next and found the solution was to install the latest 4.19 kernel. When I tried to inform Asrock of the solution, they responded that they didn't care, that they simply didn't support Linux. Well, if they can't support us, maybe we shouldn't buy their products!! :x
Personally I would like to know exactly what motherboard and CPU you have that is not supporting Linux? I currently have and Asrock X370 Taichi with a Ryzen 7 1700 Cpu Running Linux Mint 19.1 in it currently folding for the past 3 months. Then I have an Asrock X399 taichi with a Threadripper 1950X running linux mint and folding its but off also. then I have 2 HTPC that are running on Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming Mobo with Ryzen 5 2400 IGPU with the latest kernel 4.18.0-16. I will buy nothing but Asrock now.
lewmur
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lewmur »

It isn't the CPU giving problems. I have an APU model and the graphics are the problem. Using Ukuu to use a later kernel solves the problem. My gripe with Asrock is their tech support gave me no help in solving the problem. I had find the solution on my own. The tech as much as stated that they didn't give a damn about Linux users.

Return to “Hardware Support”