Acer chrome book sound and mouse pad not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ngedian

Acer chrome book sound and mouse pad not working

Post by ngedian »

Hi,
i replaced chrome os with linux mint 17.1 'Rebecca' on acer chromebook 11 and my sound is off completely even though it shows built in audio digital stereo (HDMI). My mouse pad is also not working. I'm very new to linux and trying my best to understand everything. I am also unable to configure my acer chromebook 11 to boot directly into linux mint and have to keep setting it in the efi shell to select the linux installation to boot. Can anyone please help in the simplest ways possible? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Acer chrome book sound and mouse pad not working

Post by sleeper12 »

Go to Menu, Mouse, Touchpad, & be sure the 'Enable touchpad' box is checked.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Acer chrome book sound and mouse pad not working

Post by MrEen »

Hi ngedian, and welcome to the forum.

If you're not hooking up the Chromebook to an external monitor, then HDMI is the wrong output. You probably want Built-in Audio Analog Stereo to listen via Chromebook speakers.

If you have the Chromebook connected to something via HDMI, first make sure that something can play sound (i.e. has speakers.) If it's connected to an external monitor that doesn't have speakers, you'll never hear anything until you change the output to the Chromebook's speakers.

If it's connected to a television or monitor with speakers, start a song or video then run pacmd list-sinks in the terminal then paste the output back here.

When pasting large blocks of text, please enclose the results in-between [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply.

Return to “Hardware Support”