Battery icons when charging/not charging doesnt change

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
awuerch

Battery icons when charging/not charging doesnt change

Post by awuerch »

Hi there,

I am having an issue since updating Linux Mint from 18.3 to 19, that when my laptop charger is plugged in / out, the battery status at the bottom right does not recognize the change. Only after restarting the computer.

For example, when I have the charger plugged in, it says it is charging, and how long it will take to be fully charged, but I as soon as I unplug it, it continues to say that the battery is charging (only that the time it will take to be fully charged gets bigger and bigger).

I have looked around and could not find anything specific to this issue.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Running 19.1 Kernel is 4.16

I have already tried reinstalling 19 directly from USB device, however it still is not working. Is this a known bug maybe?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
iejoor

Re: Battery icons when charging/not charging doesnt change

Post by iejoor »

Hey,

I'm not sure how or why but I've got the same problem the other way around. With me it says that I've got no charger attached when I have. He immediately recognises when I take the charger out but not when the charger goes in.
However one way to solve this with me is to just wait. After about 5 to 10 minutes the symbol will update to "charging".

If someone knows how to fix the waiting period it would be nice though. But it doesn't seem to critical to me as he does charge and empty normally. It just doesn't recognise what it's doing for a while....

Return to “Hardware Support”