<Abandoned> TV card

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bouncer

<Abandoned> TV card

Post by Bouncer »

I gave windows 7 a test recently and enjoyed being able to watch tv once again after being force to downgrade to XP from vista, Will my "card" work with mint? Its branded freecom, But lsusb says "Bus 002 Device 005: ID 14aa:0226 AVerMedia (again) or C&E"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: TV card

Post by richyrich »

Found in the Hardware Support forum:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... t=tv+cards

instructions are lower down the post.
hope this can help, Richard
Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

I didn't scroll all the way down, I Don't know what device im using tho, all the information I posted is all I can get from it, Is there anyway to get more information on this device?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

try:

Code: Select all

lsusb -v
You can also open a terminal:

Code: Select all

dmesg | grep -i usb
, and then plug in your USB device. This will give realtime usb messages.

Richard
Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

I got some more information on this usb tuner card WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)

I dont even have a program to try and view TV with
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

VLC Media player will open "Capture Devices" / DVB

EDIT: checking in Synaptic, there is a whole plethora :shock: of tv viewers . . :D . . your choice!
Other members may have some good suggestions ?

regards, Richard
Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

Yea I had typed in TV and didnt get anywhere with that, Also that word plethora, makes my blood boil! Not going to rant for no reason, Thanks :)
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

The site below has a lot of useful info for Linux supported TV tuner hardware. I didn't search for you particular tuner but I have used it in the past to pick my tuner cards for MythTV.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Hope this helps.
Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

Its fine, Ive abandoned that idea now, Just as its not really something ill use that much TBH, think I was just wanting to use it becasue I have it

Return to “Hardware Support”