Dual monitors at boot

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Danix803
Level 1
Level 1

Dual monitors at boot

Post by Danix803 »

Searched and didn't find anything about this specifically.
I have 2 monitors. At boot they are set correct, right one of the right side and left one on the left side. However, once I login they reverse.
I can't seem to figure out how to get them to stay oriented automatically once I've logged in. So, I keep having to us 'nvidia-settings' to get them where I want them.
It's done this through every version of Linux Mint I've ever used over the past 10 or so years.

How can I get that to switch back automatically??? Some type of script activated by cron.
Anyway, using Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, Kernel 4.15.0-43-generic on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M81 using an NVIDIA GTX 640 attaching to a 42" Hisense flatscreen and a VIZIO 24" monitor.

Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated??? Thanks in advance... :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
There is only ONE GOD!!! -Deut. 6:4
Danix803
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dual monitors at boot

Post by Danix803 »

Sorry for the confusion... I figured it out... Google is what threw me off...
I was searching for ideas on google. Well, everything that I read on google said that when saving your configuration using the 'display' in 'system settings'. It would be saved to it's own file for desktop configurations... Also, I've tried several times to use the 'save current configuration' under 'nvidia-settings configuration'. That never worked.
However, something changed. This time, when I used desktop display configuration under 'display' in 'settings'. It saved it and when I logged in the next time. It worked. My monitors were automatically left on the left and right on the right.
Probably, everybody already knew this. But, thanks for everything and maybe this might help somebody.
There is only ONE GOD!!! -Deut. 6:4
moman63

Re: Dual monitors at boot

Post by moman63 »

what do you mean by 'display' in 'settings? I am having the same issue?

Return to “Hardware Support”